dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Royal We

This weekend I taught a friend how to decorate cookies with royal icing. As a refresher, I spent Saturday decorating with my aunt. I did snowflakes. Lots and lots of snowflakes. Some more successful than others....













Like some kind of egomaniac, most of the photos I took were of the cookies I decorated, but I did get a few of the really lovely ornaments my aunt made. The cell phone photos do not do them justice:








For this afternoon's decorating lesson with my friend, I lost my mind and decided to bake 20 different kinds of cookies, which clearly required about as many colours to be prepared.  That only took half the afternoon.  Luckily this is someone I have made dinner for a few times, so she knows that when I say "just a few minutes of prep" what I really mean is 90 minutes....





But as any person who overextends themselves knows, IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT.



















3 comments:

  1. These are seriously the most beautiful Christmas cookies I've ever seen and you need to start selling them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. But how can I know if they taste as good as they look??? (your office neighbour)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cardinal! <3 X 10 - from way out west ;)

    ReplyDelete