dispatches from the world's smallest, sweetest kitchen

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Chalk it Up to Friendship: Palentine's 2017

Palentine's turns 7!  I'm pretty sure that the 7th anniversary gift is traditionally sugar.


A minimalist approach in 2017 meant a few less desserts and a few less decorations.  With the added challenge of a guest who can't eat gluten or eggs.

These guys are boiled cider bars. Every since I bought boiled cider in Vermont last year, I am obsessed with it. When I found some at Murray's Cheese Shop in New York, I hauled it back home, despite its weight.  These may be ugly, but they were SO TASTY.

 These are sugar cookie bars. They were a disaster. Oh well.
 Um. Brown butter cookie dough truffles. Half with bacon salt. So. Good.
 Mint sugar cookies. Yum.
Gluten-free goodness - chocolate pretzel oat clusters.

 Cupcakes, of course.



 Bourbon pecan fudge brownies.  These kept falling apart, but OH MAH GOD, SO TASTY. I made a second batch after Palentine's.
 Meringues, also of course.  With lace print.  Genius.

 Maybe my favourite thing I made - dulche de leche thumbprint cookies.  Spending three hours terrified the can of condensed milk was going to explode while I boiled it into dulche de leche was 100% worth it.


 Chocolates:



 Not pictured: ice cream, with pretzels and chocolate.  Take my word, it was good.




















1 comment: